Dfinity’s “Internet Computer” mainnet has been live since December
- The Dfinity team has revealed that the mainnet of their »Internet Computer« blockchain has been live since December 18.
- According to Dfinity’s chief scientist Dominic Williams, the mainnet runs on node machines in different data centers. The network is managed by the NNS (Network Nervous System) governance system. Williams commented: »I’m pleased to report that the NNS processed two initial proposals soon after launch, inducting node machines into a new subnet (which is a special kind of blockchain within the Internet Computer network that can seamlessly integrate with other blockchains to increase capacity) and upgrading the nodes of a subnet.«
- The current stage of the Dfinity project has been dubbed »Mercury«. The next major milestone is »Genesis«, which will involve the release of ICP tokens and introduce decentralized governance. The Genesis phase is expected to launch within the first quarter of the year.
- Williams says that there are still some steps to be taken before the launch of the Genesis phase. This includes releasing all the code and cryptography related to the Internet Computer, releasing new developer tools, releasing educational materials and information about the physical network of nodes that’s actually running the Internet Computer.
- Dfinity is building a highly scalable blockchain platform that supports a decentralized internet.
- Dfinity is one of the most ambitious projects in the blockchain space, raising $102 million from venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz in 2018. The project raised $61 million in capital prior to that.
- Following the launch of the Polkadot and Filecoin mainnets of 2020, Dfinity is among the most highly anticipated blockchain projects that’s yet to distribute its tokens.
Back link Dfinity’s “Internet Computer” Mainnet Has Been Live Since December 18 | CoinCodex https://cloudtokenplus.com https://cloudtokenplus.com